Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Cheer

I was thinking it would be fun to see if I could get people to open up enough to sing Jingle Bells with me। I decided to go to 3rd street promenade in Santa Monica cause I love being outside where there’s lots of people to watch.



Thursday afternoon was a grayish day with everyone rushing to get their holiday shopping done। I wanted to surprise people I didn't know
I imagined myself a playful elf spreading joy At first I was ignored, as if having fun was totally off limits। As I continued to reach out, I connected up to an elderly homeless man who knew all the words to Jingle Bells. He really intrigued me. I wondered what his life story was.

Then, I met up with a man in a black turban from England who was so sweet।
I wondered, how would I feel spending the holidays in a foreign country?
Would it be lonely or exciting?

Some teenage boys with tattoos were surprisingly open.
We really connected.All in all, I felt proud, proud that I opened my heart and theirs.

What have you been up to over the holidays??

2 comments:

Talina said...

Found your blog while doing a search for info on you. I am doing a PPP opportunity about your jingle bells video and wanted to learn more about you first.

I thought the video was fun and it's a shame that more people can't lower the barriers have some fun.. Thats what the holidays is about right?

Alisa Apps said...

Hey there...thank you. So happy you got to my website. Let me know more about you ;) x Alisa